Monday 19 September 2011

Spirals and tornados

Remember these from 242 Computer Graphics? Such fun we had. I've made it 3D simply by doing the spiral in the XZ plane and incrementing Y steadily.

The first few had angle increments that were much too big, causing it to look more like waving fronds of sea life. No thank you, waving fronds, you aren't quite what I want today.




Here things get proper spirally as I make the chairs follow each other more closely. You can probably tell that I've been using the random rotate function I already wrote to give things a chaotic look.


Testing out incremental rotate was interesting, but not the look I'm after, too orderly.


This is nice, but not really the dense tangle I had in my head. I had a chat to JP, and he suggested a fairly simple method for making cones, so I'll try that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment