Monday 19 September 2011

Organising chaos

I've been playing with scale some more, and although my original ideas called for an approach that suggests some kind of gravity in the environment, I really like the floating trail of chairs, shrinking down to sit on the original chair.



I had an idea for arranging the chairs based on their angle too, and wanted to try it out. I'm not yet sure whether it's better than the chaotic mess it is otherwise. There's something more ... monolithic and intelligent about it now. It's much more sinister, especially with the chair legs facing out.





I then added some relative randomness, to rough it up a bit. The cold and orderly version has a different feel to the roughed up version, I think roughed up is more in line with my aims.




So the big question is: legs in or out?

Elle has suggested, and I think she might be right, that I start polishing the aesthetics now and leave the minor tweakings for last. This makes a lot of sense, seeing as the whole look of the thing will be altered by adding in extra geometry. It is time for lamp, side table, and some other furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment